HERE’S HOW IT WILL WORK (some details to be finalised):
- No registration is required; no trophies are at stake. Go practice, have fun, get better, we’ll take care of the math.
- Daily practice courses will be posted on a white board in the compound. They will either be Windward Leeward or Triangle course depending on the wind strength.
- Boats will self-start within a pre-set time window (1pm - 2pm on the day of the challenge) to make conditions similar for all participants.
- Skippers will submit self-start and finish times via text or email by 5pm on Sunday evening
- The MSC Race Committee will publish corrected times online
- Participation will be run under the “International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, (1972), with Canadian Modifications” (Colregs). This means the Racing Rules of Sailing will not apply, please be courteous and respectful of other boats.
- Skippers are responsible for the safety of their crew. This includes restricting crew numbers where appropriate and ensuring they and their crew follow current physical distancing rules.
We recognise that this is not the ideal scenario but believe it to be an important, safe, first step to getting our racing program back on course and we will continue to monitor the situation for opportunities to get back to our normal racing program safely.
This weekend's weather does not look suitable, so the aim is to hold the first "Race Practice" on Sunday July 19th. Volunteers for running the race practice would be appreciated - due to the size of the committee boats physical distancing is a challenge therefore the race committee should be from members of the same household.
If you're interested in participating and if you're interested in running the practice sessions contact Anne Pugh, Sailing Officer.
You can contact Anne via the Board of Directors section of the website.